Sunday, April 17, 2005

Lace Chart

Here's the chart for the lace pattern I'm using for the wrap. The pattern is not visible in either picture in the last post. When knit on larger needles this makes a really pretty lattice looking lace. This pattern is my adaptation of lace pattern number 20 from the book Knitting Lace A workshop with Patterns and Projects by Susanna E. Lewis.

Edited 4/18/05: The original chart I posted had two errors. The errors have been corrected below.

The first (shaded) column of the chart is for the first repeat only. The stitch pattern has a 16 stitch and 16 row repeat.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I love your wrap idea! I have some Alpaca cloud that I bought to knit a scarf, but I didn't love the pattern and stopped. I never thought to incorporated beads into it--what a clever idea! I may just try your pattern--after I finish my current project!!

Anonymous said...

It's going to be beautiful! At least on the switchover you won't have to restring the beads. And in my experience, you'll pick up speed, though it will still be a slower knit than usual. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.